The Longterm Impact of the FTC and Kids Content on YouTube
YouTube has been under investigation by the FTC for several years. A few weeks ago YouTube and the FTC announced their settlement, which came with a few repercussions for creators who create videos for children ages 13 years old and younger. There’s a lot of misinformation and concern floating around in regards to what this means for creators who have built their livelihood on this genre, but after visiting YouTube last week and meeting with product and policy managers, here’s what we know and don’t yet know about what’s going on and the impact it will have on us as creators.
– YouTube’s official announcement: https://youtube.googleblog.com/2019/09/an-update-on-kids.html
– Upcoming changes coming to kids content on YouTube: https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/13557434?hl=en
– Overview of what’s changing: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9383587
LOVE VIDEO CREATORS AND WANT TO GROW ON YOUTUBE? HERE ARE SOME NEXT STEPS!
1) SUBSCRIBE to learn how to grow your YouTube channel!
2) FREE GUIDE: “The Secret to Building your YouTube Audience”
3) BECOME A MEMBER: Access special community perks on our channel and support our trainings by clicking that Join button! Or, click here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcB3bcWy0_QK7uPQvTD0LwQ/join
4) LET’S CONNECT!
5) SUBSCRIBE TO THE VIDEO CREATORS PODCAST
– iTunes: http://go.vcreators.co/vcTViTunes
– Soundcloud: http://go.vcreators.co/vcTVSoundCloud
– Stitcher: http://go.vcreators.co/vcTVStitcher
– Google Play: http://go.vcreators.co/vcTVGooglePlay
– Spotify: https://go.vcreators.co/vcTVSpotify
6) LET’S REVIEW YOUR CHANNEL: Book a private one-on-one YouTube channel consultation with Tim or someone on his team: https://videocreators.com/youtube-certified-consultant/